The HijiNKS ENSUE Podcast is a weekly podcast coordinated by the creator of HijiNKS ENSUE, Joel Watson. The show covers a variety of topics from This week in Internet (a look at random strange stories), to geek news and commentary about television and movies (especially Lost and Battlestar: Galactica). The show traditionally ends with the Mail Sack, where users submit questions for the podcast crew to answer. For over 50 episodes questions were taken from a podcast post, however, questions are now taken from Twitter under the tag #HEPodcast, causing the Mail Sack to be renamed the TwitSack. In the earlier episodes of the podcast, the questioners would also request the question be answered by one of the crew's many imitations (like Eli's grandmother, Tree Beard, Cloverfield, Frodo, Adama, etc). The podcast is recorded on Garage Band, and also streamed live over UStream.tv (when possible).
The cast of the podcast has frequently changed as the podcast evolves. When the podcast started, the three main cast members were Joel, Josh, and Eli. However, when Josh was absent, Denise would fill in, and eventually became a fourth member of the podcast crew. Currently, Denise has attended more podcasts than Josh. The podcast crew has also infrequently included other friends such as Allison and Alex. Eli contributes to the show with his sound board, which has evolved to include a wide variety of movie and TV quotes, along with sound effects and the opening to the podcast.
Recurring Jokes Edit
- When introducing Josh, Joel often claims that Josh is "on loan from the Internet".
- When Joel introduces everyone on the podcast, Eli will play a random soundbite right after each person's name.
- Josh often interrupts Joel's introduction to the show (either asking for napkins or asking to have his headset adjusted), often angering Joel.
- Conversations about Lost and Battlestar: Galactica often span the entire show, due to the crew being unable to focus on the conversation without going off on a tangent.
- The crew have gathered a large stock of imitations from different TV and film, including:
Tree Beard, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, and Gollum from Lord of the Rings
Eli's Grandmother (Estel)
Cloverfield (done by Eli, who simply talks in a "cool voice"
- Natalie Portman from Star Wars: Episode I
- Terminator (and Arnold Schwartzenagger in general)
- Barack Obosby - A combination of Obama and Cosby
- The crew often get distracted by older movies such as Predator, Jurassic Park, and Twister; more than once they have attempted to write musical bits for these movies live on the podcast.
- When an especially offensive term is said or an extremely off the wall question is asked, Eli will sometimes play an outro theme on his sound board, as if to indicate they have to end the podcast there due to the offensiveness.
- Listeners can participate with the HE Podcast Drinking and Donations Game.